Saturday, June 26, 2010

In the Beginning and SUPER NEWS!!






Here it is. The beginning of something great. Or so I hope. I'm starting my sewing blog and you are all here to witness it...hello? anyone? is this thing on?? Hmmm ok so today it's just for me because no one know about it, yet!
The reason for starting this is all due to the blog Crafterhours. I entered a contest they were having. It was all about skirts. I entered two that I had just finished. I didn't win, but when I scrolled down a couple pictures. There were MY skirts. MINE as is the ones I sewed! With my own hands! My breath caught and if it hadn't been 1:30 am I would have screamed like a littel girl! Or tried, my voice doesn't go that high. My skirts were listed as some of their favs!!!! I couldn't believe it! To top it off, Anna of Noodlehead posted one of them as one of her favs in the Flikr pool!! Oh my!! Two heavy hitters in one day!!! Is this surreal or what??
This has inspired me to jump out there full force and get my stuff into the big time. I suck at blogging so I'm hoping that having to post my sewing creations will keep the blog wheels churning. Here is a link to Noodlehead. Swing on over there and check out her amazing stuff!! As soon as PayPal confirms that it is in fact me who has been using my account for the past 9 YEARS and lifts their security thing off me, I am buying her pattern for the gathered clutch tut. I already know how to make it (she's great with a tutorial) I just want to be able to sell them!!



Noodlehead


So what do you think? Are the skirts cute or what?!

1 comment:

  1. Uh...yeah they're cute! I'm so proud of you sis:) (love the background too!)

    ReplyDelete